Skip to content

Visiting Exchange Students and Scholars

Welcome to the Pride!

WU Pride Image

Visiting Scholars

Visiting scholars are short-term exchange students, interns, and faculty including:
  • International scholars visiting on a J-1 visa
  • National Student Exchange participants
  • Exchange partner participants

Exchange Student Application

All exchange students must submit this form to request a WU ID and login.

National Student Exchange

Widener University participates in the National Student Exchange, a domestic study-away opportunity in which Widener welcomes students from other participating colleges and universities across North America for one semester. Widener students can also attend a participating university for a semester using their Widener scholarship and financial aid.


International Exchange Students and Scholars (J-1 Visa)

Visiting Scholars can request their DS-2019 travel document >>HERE<<

Register your arrival on campus after your DS-2019 has been issued. The registration form will be used to:

  • Request on-campus housing and/or meal plans (Chester Main Campus Only)
  • Register for classes (Exchange students only)
  • Submit travel documents and visas (J-1 scholars)

International Scholar Visit Requests

Widener faculty who would like to host visiting professor or student scholar from abroad should plan early and contact CCGE before making an offer. Requests for a J-1 visa can take months to process so requests must be made at least one (1) semester prior to the planned arrival date. CCGE assists with the visa process and immigration support. Hosts should be prepared to accommodate the needs of their international visitors including:
  • Transportation
  • Shopping/sundries
  • Meals/meal plans

Contact for more information.